- Replace the existing ad-hoc interior office layout with a new open plan office design, with the workstation design and layout in accordance with the Silver Chain Corporate Design Guidelines. This includes segregated seating arrangements for Hospice, Respiratory, Hath, Business Services, Clinical 1 & 2, Clinical 3 & 4, Clinical 5 & 6, and Clinical 7 & 8, comprising 84 standardised workstations.
- Design a new Clinical Area comprising 3 new Treatment Rooms. These clinical rooms include an examination chair, a clinical wash-hand-basin, a nurse workstation, sanitary fittings, wall fixtures, new lightweight wall configurations and flushed plasterboard ceilings, and co-ordinated new Electrical, Mechanical, and Hydraulic Services, plus a new Dirty Utility and Clean Room.
- Re-configure the entrance to create separate and secured Patient and Staff entry, with a Patient Wait Area and Staff Entrance Lobby, each fronting their own separate but contiguous reception counters, plus a utility & records area, and integrated with an existing office and treatment room.
- New Kitchen & Staff Dining, with an outside covered Alfresco area.
- Two new Conference Rooms with bespoke training room joinery, remote controlled television monitors, electronic whiteboards, and microphones.
- Utility Area – adjacent the open plan office area, with bespoke joinery in accordance with the Silver Chain Corporate Design Guidelines.
- Drug Store – with bespoke joinery and wall-hung drug safes inside locked cupboards, and key safes.
- Health Store, General Stores, Cleaners Store, Group Capability Store, and Bin Room.
- Two Meeting Rooms with inter-active whiteboards.
Description: Redesign and Refit – Silver Chain Kingsley Homebase
Client: Silver Chain
Architect: Alistair & Kathleen Hume
- Briefing & Appointment – 7 November 2014
- Facility Review, As-builts Nov – Dec 2014
- Alfresco December 2014
- Concept Design – Jan – Feb 2015
- Changes to the Brief – Sketch
- Plans Revisions A to J – March – June 2015
- Instruction to proceed with DD and call for Consultants – 8 July 2015
- Client Changes to the Brief, and Design Development Revisions K to M – Aug – Dec 2015
- Contract Documentation February 2016
- Negotiated Tender – March – May 2016
- Value Engineering – May 2016
- Issue for Construction – 25 May 2016
- Site Works – August – November 2016
- Practical Completion – 2 November 2016
- Defecting – To present
Budget: $1 million building contract, plus FF&E, plus Consultant Fees = $2m plus project cost